All obituary notices in The Daily Item are paid notices. The cost of a notice depends entirely on the length of the notice (the cost is approximately $1 a word and $40 to include a photo).
Photos are printed in black and white in the newspaper and are uploaded in color to the online Obituary page.
Prepayment is required on all Obituary notices.
The deadlines for submission are as follows:
|TO SEE OBIT PRINTED ON…||SUBMIT BY|
|MONDAY||SUNDAY 2 PM|
To assist you in creating your notice below is a list of information you may wish to include in your obituary:
- Photo (optional)
- Full name of person (including “nickname”)
- Age of person at death
- Date and residence at death
- Date and place of birth
- Parent’s, spouse’s, children’s and grandchildren’s names
- Previous residences
- Work history, military history, education
- Clubs, hobbies or interests, accomplishments, volunteer activities
- Survivors or those who predeceased the person including immediate family, relatives, close friends
- Funeral or memorial service information (dates, times, locations, cemetery/place of burial location and contact information)
- Information on where memorial contributions or donations may be made (list full address and phone number if possible)
- Use only standard abbreviations (examples: UCLA, BC, BA)
All listings in The Daily Item are printed in English. Do not write in all caps. Listings subject to editing for style and grammar.
If you run into problems submitting your obituary please email the obituary contents to email@example.com.