LYNN — Firefighters worked fast Friday afternoon to confine a Neptune Street house fire to a front hallway.
Lynn Fire Capt. Joseph Zukas said fire crews responded at 1:13 p.m. to 40 Neptune St. A., a small, two-story house behind a multi-family building on Neptune Street near Commercial Street.
Zukas said a resident saw sparks coming from the hallway ceiling light fixture.
“The Fire Department got there quickly and put it out within 15 to 20 minutes and that shows the importance of a quick response and having fire stations nearby,” Zukas said.
He said a determination on how safe the home is to live in can be made once the property’s electrical system is checked. Zukas said a woman and two children, ages 9 and 4, live in the house.