124-year-old time capsule found in Swampscott during the demolition of former middle school

The 124-year old time capsule. (Courtesy Photo)
SWAMPSCOTT — Crews tearing down the former Swampscott Middle School on Greenwood Avenue to allow for the construction of a 28-condominium development were surprised to uncover a 124-year-old time capsule underneath the building. The  time capsule was buried on April 28, 1894, the day the school was dedicated. “The existence of a time capsule was…

More Stories From Swampscott