David J. Solimine Sr., founder and director of Solimine Funeral Homes, will be awarded Boston North Cancer Association’s (BNCA) 8th annual Hope Begins Here award at Danversport on May.
BNCA President Susan McCarthy of Nahant and BNCA Scholarship Committee Chair Dianna Fisher of Lynn, said the award recognizes Solimine’s service to BNCA, his charitable endeavors and “his commitment to the care of residents throughout Boston North communities.”
Scheduled to start at 6 p.m., the evening will also feature food, complimentary cocktails, raffles and live music.
McCarthy and Fisher said scholarship recipients will also be announced during the evening.
- The $3,500 David J. Solimine Honorary Scholarship will go to Dorothy Ezsemba, Lynn English High School.
- The $3,500 Mary Barbuzzi Memorial Scholarship will go to Cameron Greenleaf, Lynn Classical High School.
- The $1,000 Lightshed Photography Honorary Scholarship goes to Meagan Hathaway, Marblehead High School.
- The $1,000 Rising Star Honorary Scholarship goes to Steven Toomajian of Nahant, Swampscott High School.
- The $7,500 F. John Bargoot, MD, Memorial Scholarship will go to Molly Griffin of Gloucester, UMASS Medical School
- The $3,500 Hope Begins Here Scholarship goes to Meghan Craaybeek, Gloucester High School.