You have 4 free articles left this month.
The Wednesday evening storm may not be as powerful as the previous March nor’easters, but cities, towns and schools are still taking preemptive action. Here’s the latest on delays, closings and bans, as of Wednesday at 5:45 p.m.
- Lynn schools will be closed on Thursday.
- Marblehead schools have cancelled all Wednesday evening activities.
- Nahant schools have cancelled all Wednesday evening activities.
- Peabody schools have cancelled all Wednesday evening activities.
- Revere schools will be closed on Thursday.
- Saugus schools have cancelled all Wednesday evening activities.
- KIPP Academy Lynn has cancelled Wednesday evening activities.
- Northeast Metro Tech will make a decision on closing schools Thursday morning.
- North Shore Community College cancelled all classes and activities after 5 p.m. Wednesday.
- Salem State University cancelled all classes and events after 3 p.m. Wednesday.
- UMASS Boston cancelled all classes and activities after 1 p.m. Wednesday.
- Lynn began a parking ban at 3 p.m. Wednesday. Residents can park in school lots.
- Peabody began a parking ban at 7 a.m. Wednesday.
- Revere began a parking ban at 10 a.m. Wednesday.
- Swampscott began a parking ban at 4 p.m. Wednesday and is set to end at 10 a.m. Thursday.
Transit and travel
- The MBTA will run regular subway and ferry service. Buses may operate on a snow route.
- The Ride will operate on a normal schedule.
- The Commuter Rail will operate on a regular schedule.
- Logan Airport will be open, but check with your airline for any news on delays or cancellations.