SAFETY TIP OF THE DAY
To reduce your risk of a home fire, implement these fire safety tips into your everyday life:
• Never leave a fire, an open flame or heated surfaces unattended (stoves, candles, space heaters, barbecues, electric plate, etc.).
• Pay attention while cooking to avoid a kitchen fire.
• Properly dispose of coals by letting them cool before tossing them in the garbage.
• Use surge protectors to avoid overloaded circuits.
• Clean and inspect fireplaces on a regular basis.
• Develop and practice a fire escape plan with your family.
“Here yesterday… Here today…Here tomorrow.”