Price Per Word: $1.00
Obituaries today are more a celebration of a person’s life than a notice of their passing. Every life is unique and deserves to be shared in a unique manner.
Honor a loved one who has touched your life, and sustain their memory with friends with an obituary in The Daily Item and online via itemlive.com. Our staff understands the difficulties of losing a loved one. We are here to guide you through the obituary process.
Step 1: Create the Obituary
We recommend that you use a word processing software such as Microsoft Word or a text editor when drafting the obituary. When complete, you simply upload your document for us to estimate your final price and complete your order.
**Please include the date that you want the obituary to run in print.
To assist you in creating the obituary, below is a list of information you may consider including:
- Photo (minimum 1200 pixels wide)
- Full name of person (including a nickname)
- Age of person at death
- Date and place of residence (city or town) at death
- Date and place of birth
- Immediate family’s (parents’, spouse’s, children’s and grandchildren’s) names
- Previous residences
- Work history, military history, education
- Clubs, hobbies or interests, accomplishments, volunteer activities
- Other survivors or those who predeceased the person, including relatives and close friends
- Funeral or memorial service information (dates, times, locations, cemetery/place of burial location and contact information)
- Information on where memorial contributions or donations may be made (list full address and phone number if possible)
- Use only standard abbreviations (examples: UCLA, USC, BA)
- All listings are in English
- Do not write in all caps
- Listings will be subject to editing for style and grammar
After you submit your obituary, an Item staff member will contact you directly to verify your information, so please be sure to include the best phone number to reach you during checkout.
Step 2: Upload the Obituary