Lynnfield fire doused on Salem Street

February 24, 2017

Shattered glass at a garage fire on Salem Street.

LYNNFIELD — A fire that began last night around 5 p.m. at the 596 Salem St. Mobil gas station was quickly contained by the Lynnfield Fire Department. Manager Jay Halaibi said the fire started when an electrical fixture shorted out. No one was injured, although fire personnel did smash a glass door in their efforts to put the fire out. The single car in the garage for maintenance at the time of the fire was not damaged. Property owner Richard Elkhoury said he hopes to have the business back up and running by Monday at the latest.